Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Imagination is the highest kite you can fly....

I have a banner with that saying pinned up in my library at school.

Bridget's imagination has really taken off in the last couple of months. It's just fascinating to watch and be involved in it. She is right into role play. Her favourite role play is to do with dollies. She picks up so much of what is going on with the babies in her Day Care room.

About a month ago she spread a blankie out on the floor in the loungeroom, scavenged around in the bottom of her toy box for some "baby" toys, grabbed her dolly and sat down to have playtime with her. I should have taken a photo but didn't want to ruin the moment by disappearing - she loves an audience these days.

Just a couple of days ago though I was able to catch her having "toilet" time with the dollies. I was wandering round doing things while talking to mum on the phone, so picking up a camera wasn't too much of a distraction - although I only got off a couple of shots before she demanded the camera so she could take photos herself. Miss Independent!!

Here's one of them.


Whilst Happy Dolly was busy on the potty, another dolly (that has no name) is having her bum seriously wiped!

3 comments:

  1. Agghhhhh I love it, I love it!!! Soooo adorable. Glad you got to capture the moment in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just too cute for words!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fantastic age isn't it?

    Love that saying too. it's so very true!

    ReplyDelete