Tuesday, June 23, 2009

a scary old fellow is Humphrey!

Humphrey was given to Bridget when she was a tiny baby by a well meaning family member. I was a bit taken aback - I mean, he is not cuddly at all is he! So he sat around for a while for appearances sake, then he was tidied up and relegated to the bottom of the blanket hamper.

About a week ago I was pulling some sleeping bags and blankets out of the hamper to wash in preparation for the new baby when B spotted Humphrey. "Who's that?" she asked. I said "That's Humphrey - he's been sleeping in the blanket hamper for a while". She insisted I get him out. She eyed him dubiously but wouldn't hold him. I brought him into the loungeroom and busied myself with what I was doing again when I heard a scared little yell from the loungeroom. Apparently Humprey "hurt" her (B gets scared and hurt mixed up). So, Humphrey was banished to the spare room and the door closed.

Everytime we go into the spare room she eyes Humprey off but won't touch him. I have explained that he is a nice bear etc and gradually he has been let out of the spare room and allowed to sit on the couch.

She still won't touch him though! I don't blame her - he stands about 3 foot tall, has big eyes, a hard shiny nose and is as stiff as a board! Not the kind of fellow you would want to take to bed! apart from the last part but this font is so small you can't read that anyway can you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment