Monday, April 5, 2010

Backlog Blog!!

I have all these blog posts planned out in my head and just don't get around to actually posting them. I plan to catch up in the next few days.


This post is an important one - one I keep thinking about and feeling guilty about. Shortly after New Year, a good friend of mine, her man and little Molly moved up to Port Macquarie. I was sooo sad about them moving away from us. Little Molly was, and still is, Bridget's best friend. They have been together as little best buds since they were tiny little things. My friend and I had grown close and found in each other someone to confide in and someone to just call up and arrange to meet for a coffee, play date, shopping, whatever, no fuss no muss. I miss her! - and I know Bridget misses Molly - a little friend that can just come over and have a play with and vice versa.

Below is a pic of them taken about 3 years ago today.


This picture is one of my favourites. I remember the pair of them giggling their little heads off together about the mess they were making of themselves with the cupcakes. The photo was taken just after Elke was born, so they were about 2.5 years of age.


The next photo of them together was taken at Molly's early birthday party and their farewell. They left for Port Mac the next day.


We talk on Skype every now and then and at first Bridget mentioned Molly's name a lot. That has slowed down now which I suppose is to be expected - she is only 3 after all and her memory is no as formed as an adult's. I do my best to keep Molly's memory there though.

What is exciting though is that we are all going up to Port Mac next week to visit them!! Bridget and Molly will reconnect, I can catch up with my good friend and my two girls will have their first visit to the beach!

I am looking forward to a relaxing time in Port Mac. Not interested in shopping at all - just want to do kid/ family friendly things, take walks to the beach and around parkland and just take some time out.

No comments:

Post a Comment