Monday, July 13, 2009

Introducing sweet Elke Mae!

Here she is! Isn' t she the sweetest thing?
She was born 9th July at 8.50am after an amazing labour and birth.
I wont go into the details here - I will post my birth story on EB soon.

Elke about 6 hours old.
1 Day Old
First Bath
In her cot 11th July


With big sister Bridget 12th July
With Bridget 13th July
Things are going well - it is a lot easier second time round. Bridget has been a bit tricky at times. I think time will improve things there. Poor chicken has been the absolute apple of our eye for 2.5 years and now Elke is here to share the limelight. It must be hard for her.
I am getting enough sleep so far but it is early days yet. Fingers crossed Elke turns out to be a good sleeper like Bridget was. Currently we are co-sleeping but I will start having her self settle in her cot soon.
I have been spending a lot of time just cuddling her while she sleeps, which I didn't so much of with Bridget. I was so anxious about making sure she was sleeping in the "right" place. Right now Elke is asleep beside me on the couch after having had a big feed. I am just going with the flow and taking each day as it comes.
I plan on enjoying it all a bit more.

















4 comments:

  1. She is beautifull K, and an amazing gift to Bridget..a little sister:)

    Keep soaking up these new-born moments and memories, just as its easier the second time round, it passes far to quickly for my liking!!

    A big congradulations to you and your beautifull family.

    Love Peta xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so very sweet!

    OMG it is so fascinating "listening" to you about the second time around stuff. V interesting. And I was the same with Lol, sacrificing secret cuddles while she slept with ensuring she was sleeping "in the right place". Not sure if I regret it or not (she is an excellent sleeper and always has been, but was that anything to do with us or is it her makeup? *shrugs*).

    Karelle you sound blissful. Am so very pleased for and proud of you xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! What lovely photos of your gorgeous girls.
    Great to hear that you enjoying those cruisy feelings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your baby girl. She is gorgeous.

    So glad to hear all is going smoothly too. Your post takes me back to when Lulu was a baby. Just so blissful.

    But Peta is right. It just goes sooo quickly.

    Soak it up and enjoy all those precious moments.

    Take care...

    ReplyDelete