Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Father's Day 2009

Hi there!

Sorry - it's been a while. Been busy busy busy. Elke is doing great. She is just scrumptious and I tell her every day that I could eat her up. She is so laid back and content. She has outgrown her 0000 suits and is well and truly into the 000 clothes now. That was fast. She is getting close to sleeping through, too. She woke at 4am last night and I put the dummy in while I heated a bottle. By the time I got back she was asleep again, so I crept back to bed. She woke me again at 5am so that was pretty good going.

We spent a lovely Father's Day in Bathurst at the All Saints College Spring Fair. Bridget FINALLY overcame her fear of jumping castles and had a great time just before we headed home. Poor chicken is doomed to a life of timidity I think. The last time she got up close and personal with a jumping castle was Australia Day and let's just say that did not end very well at all. I think the whole of Orange, who happened to be in Cook Park that day, heard her tanty and saw two people man-handling a screaming reheaded child out the gate. Not pretty.

She almost didn't get on this one thanks to an over bearing attendant. Bridget does not necessarily like it when strange people grab her under the arms, hoist her onto jumping castles and yell "There ya go love, off ya go and have fun!" Wonder why.... eye rolling smilie here

Bridget has been going really well with toilet training, too. No accidents for a few days now, both at home and daycare. Fantastic! That was relatively painless...phew!


Here is a great photo of Rob and the two girls. Happy Father's Day!! Bridget made him a keyring at daycare which was very cute and he actually uses it! Proud daddy. He also scored a Darrel Lea Dad's bag from Elke and a pair of Maui Jim's from me.

K xox

1 comment: